Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Amy~A review~

It's really a good movie to watch. When Amy's husband Elliot Medford objects to a wife with career, Amy leaves him and goes to teach hearing-impaired children how to speak. That's a little bit of the plot.

Amy Medford.
I was really surprised to discover that Jenny Agutter from Call the Midwife played in it as Amy Medford. When we first saw her I was thinking and thinking and then shouted out: 'The mother from the Railway Children!' and like two seconds after my older sister said: 'The nun from Call the midwife!'. Well, she was both. She played both characters, I mean. We were both right about her. Jenny played a kind, brave and sweet Amy. She was so brave to stand up against her husband(who is really terrible for my opinion). I really like Amy. She is so...great. She keeps believing that deaf can talk. And they can.

Ben Corcoran.
I didn't like him so much. I mean, he was kind, and understanded Amy's idea. And he didn't treat her the way her husband did(I'm glad about that). But to say he was my favourite, no, not exactly.

There are more persons, like Elliot Medford, Malvina, Helen Gibbs, Just George, Henry Watkins... but I couldn't find pictures of them. So I'll do them all together. Malvina is scared that Amy will take over her job, that's why she isn't that kind to Amy, but she tries to later, Helen is a dear friend, Elliot is not a nice man nor husband, Just George is so sweet and sad, and Henry is the first to speak in his class, he's also the best in the class. That were all. You should see the movie. It may be old, but it's nice and has a good story. Also it is based upon a true story.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment