Thursday, September 22, 2016

Downton Abbey is not over yet!

It's not over! Not yet! Let me explain.

Yesterday I was searching on Pinterest for a few more pins of the Downton Abbey series, when I bumped into something awkward. I saw a pin of Cora and Robert and underneath was this line.
                                                       
                                                         Prequel Downton Abbey.

I was curious and excited to find out if it was true, so I searched on internet. And what did I see there? Julian Fellowes had, for a long time already, thought about a prequel for Downton Abbey, the succesful Period Drama serie he made. I'll tell in his own words what he said about the prequel, its characters, ideas, and the story itself.

''I do actually have an idea of doing a prequel of the courtship of Robert and Cora when all those American heiresses were arriving in London. They had a slightly troubled courtship, because she was in love with him, and he  married her entirely for her money. I sort of feel there's something quite nice in there because he's a decent cove, and so he feels rather guilty about this which has affected their marriage beyond that.''

And it will be in America, like Julian Fellowes said himself.
''I do feel very strongly that America rescued me. All the stuff in England, the stuff we have about each other, they don't care about all that. They care about whether your last picture did anything or what you're doing next.''
And now how about the cast?

Who can tip Dame Maggie Smith in the role as Lady Violet Crawley, Robert's sarcastic and hilarious mother? There is no cast picked yet as the roles of Robert, Cora, Lady Violet, or anyone who plays in it. We don't even now for sure if Lady Violet will appear in this prequel. Because Julian Fellowes said he didn't now yet whether he will let Lady Violet interfere with the story or not. I hope she will and that they will find good cast for the roles.








 And the actress who will play young Cora must be American, because Cora is born as an American.
And there is also no actor for young Robert. And maybe he already has Isis in the prequel.














I'm really curious about what the story will be and who will play in it. Of course we all here in Holland must wait so long 'till it finally reaches our land. But still, I was very excited to find out and I'm still excited!
The only thing I know, is that Cora loved Robert before their marriage, but Robert loved her only after year or less.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is so awesome! I can't wait to see this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait!!!!! I really hope the cast turns out well. I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete