Friday, November 2, 2018

~CoverLove Tag~

Elanor tagged me with this love for covers tag(CoverLove Tag, that is), thank you by the way, and I'm doing it now!

Sadly to say, I haven't got any books that are really mine. Like mine.
Only Little House on the Prairie. The rest of the books are shared.
I've got no cellphone and the camera is broken, so the pictures are gonna have to be taken off Pinterest(Sorry)
I will, though, take the precise covers we have here at home(Hope it doesn't matter. I know it's supposed to be with photographs you take yourself, but well...)
Also, it's limited edition. Usual books at home are Dutch and you know how hard it is to find book covers in Dutch on an English website? Well, 'tis hard. 



A book cover featuring a gorgeous dress:

I kinda like this dress(it also looks like it has pockets, which is always a plus). It's also one of the few book covers we have that actually has a dress on it.




A book cover with no people, just a pretty scenery:

So this is like the only book we have that is without people. (Basically. I'm exaggerating, there are more, but there are little)
There was The Holy Road by Michael Blake which was a pretty cover with wolves and twilight and stuff, but I couldn't find that cover, so it had to be this one.




A book cover that's ''well-loved'':

I love, love, LOVE this bookcover. It's technically my older sister's book, but it counts as all of ours. The book is wonderful and the bookcover is something you might call well-loved, yes.



A book cover that just makes you smile:

Again a Dutch title, but there was again not an English version of the bookcover. I loved this book as a child and read it a lot, and it just makes me smile because all the nostalgia...



A book cover that is your favourite color:

If it really had to be my favourite color, it would've been rainbow-colored, because I love ALL colors, but since there is no such thing as a rainbow-colored bookcover, I'll do The Help, because yellow was always one of my favourites.



A cover of a book with fond memories attached to it:

Sorry for the Dutch title, but the above picture is the cover of the book, and the English version had a different cover(a prettier one, actually), so it had to be this. It's called The Thief Lord in English, by the way. But this has fond memories. I remember that I read this book so many times, and I absolutely loved it. I also adored the fact that it was set in Italy.



A book you wanted solely for the cover:

I didn't want it solely for the cover, but I did want to read it solely for the cover, because it looks pretty nice.




And I tag:


Anna Holmberg, Bookends and Bwopper-Eels

Hannah Joy, Joy and Wildflowers

MovieCritic, Movies Meet Their Match

I don't know if she's still on Blogger (I don't think so), but I'll tag her anyway:

Rebekka, It's A Wonderful Life

But if she's not present, then I'll tag...

Gray Marie, Writing is Life


9 comments:

  1. All of these covers are so cool!
    Thanks for tagging me. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked seeing some Dutch covers! They are very fun!

    Thank you for tagging me! It will be a fun one to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well, I guess it's something different, isn't it ;)
      You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Love reading your answers, Ruth! It's so cool that some of them are Dutch books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool, Ruth! These are some lovely books that you have chosen. :D Thanks for tagging me, I will be sure to do the tag soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D
      You're welcome, Anna. I hope to see your answers coming around then :)

      Delete
  5. Love these books, hopefully I can have them added in my collection.

    ReplyDelete