Monday, January 1, 2018

~Happy New Year!~

Ah, the sparklers. Every year we have sparklers. We ourselves don't do the ''real'' firework that shoots into the air and explodes in a bomb of colours. My older brother bought firework last year and the year before that, I think too, and maybe some other times. But mostly we don't have it. Just the sparklers. I can't believe how fast time has gone. 2017 seemed to go by so fast. Faster than 2016...We had champagne by the way. My first champagne! It was like white wine with bubbles. I liked it, but I doesn't overcome wine or coffee. By the way, it was not on the actual midnight, twelve o'clock, that we had the champagne. We had it with the dinner. It was raining outside, but we still went outside with the sparklers after the champagne. My mom went to bed after we watched some Gilmore Girls, and then we watched movies until it was twelve o'clock. First Jungle Book 2, then Winnie the Pooh and the Backson, and then a piece of Madagascar(the first one, not because it's the best of the series, but because we saw 2 and 3 a short while ago, so 1 was the only one left). All animated movies, yes, but that was more fun for the youngest. Otherwise they might have fallen asleep. When the firework started, we went upstairs and watched, then I went to my own room to go to sleep. I still watched the firework for a while alone in my own room, but then really went to bed. This morning I got up at half past ten. Oh, and as I told you before I lost my library pass. Well, we went to recycle shop and before we left, I checked the van. We have an old half orange-half white Volkswagen van, it was a German fire truck first and completely orange but my dad painted half white because it looks prettier, and it had hard green benches(which my dad removed and replaced by moms own-made pillow seats with flowers and puppets and all that on it, we also have curtains from that material that my mom also made). You can lift where you are seated, and under that is a space for storing stuff(comes in handy for vacations). Well, there was this slit where it must have fallen through because when I looked under the bench it was there. I was so happy, now I'm able to lend stuff again.

It's the orange van in the background, and this was last year by the way, not this year. Actually, it was the year before, because it is now 2018 and last year was 2017 and the year before was 2016. Oh wait, we made this in February. Still 2017, last year, sorry ;)


Oh, by the way, about the Disney Princess Book Tag I didn't tag anyone, so if you don't know anyone who made the tag and you weren't tagged or you don't consider yourself tagged, you are know tagged. Everyone who reads this, is automatically tagged by me. Just so you know :)

I can still hear the bangs and the pops and the poofs and the rustles and the ''screaming kitchen maids'', as we call them in the Netherlands. Well, I hope you all have a good first day of 2018 and a happy new year!



4 comments:

  1. Happy New Years, Ruth! I hope your 2018 is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too, Gray Marie! I hope it will be, thanks, and yours too!

      Delete
  2. Have an amazing 2018, Ruth!!! I stayed up, and I would have watched more movies, but we only watched one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you too, MovieCritic! We stayed up last year too, but we watched Gilmore Girls for the first time until it was twelve o'clock.

      Delete