Sunday, December 31, 2017

~The Disney Princess Book Tag~

So, Olivia at Meanwhile, in Rivendell did this tag and she said anyone could do it, so I decided to do it. It's been a long while since I was tagged, I'm looking forward to answering!



1. Snow White: Name your favourite classic.


Uhm, sorry, classic? What exactly does that ''classic'' mean? Is it like: classic books like Jane Austen or classic books like Laura Ingalls Wilder? When someone says ''classic'', I think of books like that. So, I'll say The Little House on the Prairie books then. Those are classics, right?



2. Cinderella: Name a book that has kept you reading well past your bedtime.


Well, I have actually never read a book ''way'' past my bedtime. Sometimes, I have read a book for a while when everybody's lights were turned off, except for mine. One of those books is The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen. Or any book from that trilogy.


3. Aurora: Name your favourite classic romance.

I don't actually read that much classic romance books. I guess Pride&Prejudice, because I have read that one.



4. Ariel: Name a book that's about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams.

Oh dear. I can't remember any that is like that. The Young Samurai by Chris Bradford maybe? That's about making sacrifices to achieve the goal, and fighting to achieve it. So I'll just put that one in.


5. Belle: Name a book with a smart and independent female character.


Oh no. Okay...uhm.....A Woman's Place by Lynn Austin.  For as far as I can have an opinion, the female characters in that book are pretty smart and independent.



6. Jasmine: Name a book with a character who challenged the social conventions of his/her world.


A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin? It has a character who did things her own way and decided things on herself, and it's really a great book.


7. Pocahontas: Name a book with an ending that was a roller-coaster of emotions.

I'm gonna go with Olivia's answer and say The Book Thied by Marcus Zusak. It was just so sad.



8. Mulan: Name a book with a (totally boss) female character.

Borrowed the ''totally boss'' from Olivia :) But to the question. The Help by Kathryn Stockett has some female characters like that. Or Wonderland Creek. If that is, that by ''totally boss'', I understand correctly that it is meant a stubborn and strong character. If not, sorry for my unknowingness ;P


9. Tiana: Name a book featuring a hardworking, self-made character.


Okay, I'm doing another Lynn Austin book. Hidden Places.



10. Rapunzel: Name a book featuring an artist.


 The only book I have ever read about an artist was The Painters Daughter, by Julie Klassen. No other book ever included a painter.                                                                                                                 


 11. Merida: Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship.                                               


Right, Pascal, you're right. No idea. I haven't read that much books with a mother-daughter relationship. Stella Street, but that doesn't count.  Little Women then? It has mother-daughter(s) relationship.                                                                                                                                     


 
 
12. Anna and Elsa: Name a book that features a great relationship between siblings.                                                 
 
Ooh, I have one! The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall. Or My Heart Remembers by Kim Vogel Sawyer. Or Until W Reach Home by Lynn Austin. Or To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, but Olivia already has that one and I don't want to have too many similar choices, that looks like I can't pick choices myself. Which I can.




Well, thanks Olivia for the tag! I really enjoyed it!




And I wish there was more...


















5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Will you be doing this also? Just asking...:)

      Delete
    2. Yes, Hamlette tagged me for this so I will be doing it eventually. :)

      Delete
  2. Eee, yay! I'm so glad you did this! :D

    As usual, your gif collection is fantastic and I snatched at least one. ;)

    "Classic" is a tricky word for me, too! But yeah, the Little House books are totally classics! They're just . . . a different kind of classic from Jane Austen books, I guess?

    Anyway, thanks for doing the tag, I had fun reading your answers! Hope your 2018 has been great so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks!:)
      Phew. I was thinking about that question for a while, so I'm glad the Little House on the Prairie books are good as choice for a classic. Yeah, they are totally different from JA books.
      I wouldn't have missed this tag for anything! I loved doing it, and I loved finding gifs for the answers, I'm glad you liked it.
      Oh,it has, definitely! The same to you too, btw :)

      Delete