Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Emma (2009) - a short review

Best adaption of Emma ever!! We started to watch the 1996 version, but that one was so boring that we put it off. The mini-serie of Emma (2009) is great. The characters are well chosen and all play well.

Romola Garai is the perfect person to play Emma Woodhouse. She is just like I imagined Emma Woodhouse, a little bit daring, but she wants the best for everyone. Most of the time.

I don't like Johnny Lee Miller so much...maybe everyone thinks it's weird, but I just don't like him that much. In Emma he is okay, not great, but okay...Better than the other Mr. Knightley's in the other Emma's.

I don't like Harriet Smith at all! Maybe a little bit, but she has to many self-pity. She wines a little bit, and likes Mr. Elton. Who can believe that!?

...I do like those two. They're very mean, but Christina Cole and Blake Ritson play their role very well.

Miss Anne Taylor, later Anne Weston. The former governess of Emma. She is always very kind and nice, and a friend of Emma.

Also Michael Gambon plays the role of the concerned and caring Mr. Woodhouse very well.



I know it was a short post, I'm sorry.









1 comment: