Monday, December 12, 2016

~I'd rather be reading~

Reading is a thing I do a lot. Reading is what I do when we're in the car, on our way to visit friends or family. I read when I feel like it. You can read a book anywhere, at any time. Reading is like traveling. You can be a girl visiting a town, to have a job in the library, ending up to be helping someone who was almost killed by a friend. Or visit World War II, making ships, meeting nice and kind people. You can be furious on someone, like someone, dislike someone, meet a lot of kindred spirits(as Anne would say), sympathize with people who are in hard times. Shiver when something scary comes on your way. Laugh when there is humor in the book. Or cry when someone is gone. I did. When I was little, reading Robin Hood, I cried when Robin Hood died. And now, when I read a sad book, I am on the edge of crying. Reading is the greatest adventure that you can have. When you close your book, you're like, which book shall I read now? There are always good books to read. Sometimes, I do not pay attention at anything around me, only keep reading, on and on. Dreaming with my eyes open.
It is true. Some stories can never be forgotten. They stay with us forever. A lot of stories keep spinning in my mind, showing up whenever I think about something that looks a bit like the story. I like to make up stories and characters myself too. But they're never as good as in the book. Never. Never ever as good as in the book. In books you see them almost as real persons. Well, that's how I see it. It's the same with movies I really like, I know it is fake, but still I see it as real. Saying that because we have just finished the last episode of Robin Hood season 2. Saturday. It was really so sad. Still. My little sister of nine cried with her head in her arms, on the couch. Then I know it is fake, but still it is real. How hard I keep trying, I keep seeing it as real. Don't a lot of people have that? Well, I have that. For sure. And books give good advices too. They do not speak, but in it you read their advices, their stories. By the way, sorry that I haven't posted lately. :)


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Ruth! I think the same about books, and also about movies. They are so real, while they aren't actually real, but stil ... Hard to explain. ;)
    I cry at movies and books too. But not often, only when the character has become a ''friend'' of mine. It's real sad when they die ...:(
    I love the blogpost! (and sorry for the long answer :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very hard to explain, indeed!
      Yeah...:(
      Thanks!! Oh no, I do not mind at all! Long answers are the best answers you can give. I like them and you don't have to say sorry for that ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my yes! They really do take you places!

    (Yes, that last episode of season 2. I cry every time I think about it.)

    ReplyDelete