Monday, August 15, 2016

Yay! Back again! This might be a long post(and certainly a picture-heavy post), so try to sit comfortable.

Every morning we ate apples from the appletrees in the porridge, from my grandparents garden.
I picked, together with my little sister and two little brothers, blackberries,
wine berries,

tiny strawberries,














and tomatoes. All from my grandparents garden.
My older brother made a fire, together with my grandpa, and we baked bread above it.
The beautiful and warm campfire. I think flames of a fire are always interesting to look at. We sang campfire-songs by the campfire, which we studied before.
The weather...well, what should I say? It was varied. Rainy, cloudy and sunshine with blue skies.


One day it even rained the whole day. Terrible! My older sister, older brother and I slept in the shed. It's not an animal shed, if you might think so, just an ordinary shed, where you can sleep in. We talked a lot, and one night we talked until almost midnight. It was a quarter to twelve. Literally midnight! When we woke up, I was terribly tired and yawning and stretching most of the day. There were Spanish people visiting one time, my father and grandpa washed the car, I chalked, I played volleyball with all my brothers and sisters. My niece and nephew visited. Every morning we sang two songs, and my grandpa played on the guitar. I read The Painters Daughter by Julie Klassen, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and we all watched together Love Begins(which is, as I recently discovered, one of the nicest of that serie), Love's Abiding Joy, Love's Enduring Courage, We Bought A Zoo, and Hugo(there is a review about to follow about this movie, by the way). The grapes were not ready yet, which is a shame, because they're delicious.
My brother bought a ball, blue and white, and we played volleyball. Well, one day, I think it was the fifth day or something around that time, the ball was gone. We searched everywhere. Even the little ones(as we all like to call them, my youngest sister and youngest two brothers) helped to search, together with my grandparents neighbor boy. We even looked at the neighbors garden, but the ball was unfindable. So he(my brother) bought a new one, exactly the same, from the store. It was really weird and we didn't find the ball again. We had a pizza day! Delicious! My grandparents made the pizza, with a little help from my sister and niece. In the evening we made a campfire(again, but without the bread), and got in the house to eat the pizza. There were a few people, all family or almost family. And it was quite nice sitting there, with the sixteen of us. After that we ate ice cream. My older sister and my niece were the only children that ate scoop ice cream, all the other ate the normal ones, with a stick. But these ice creams were different, they had a stick of licorice, and were made of....yes indeed, lemon ice cream! It was a pretty nice evening, and we slept well. We walked threw the forest two times, were going to stores,we didn't go swimming, which is really a pity, I was solving sudoku puzzles...all with all, these two weeks were great!!


This was just coincidence, this picture. I was just walking in the garden with the camera, and then the sun shine exactly on that spot. I couldn't let this perfect picture get away, so I made a photo. I think it's really pretty.


There are always pigeons in the garden of my grandparents. If I here a pigeon somewhere, I immediately think of my grandma and grandpa. That can sound a little bit peculiar, but it is true. So, again, it were two amazing weeks!


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed all the pictures! And baking bread over the fire sounds fun. Northanger Abbey is my favourite! I love the book and the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Northanger Abbey is great! Although my other siblings don't like the movie, I do.

    ReplyDelete