Friday, November 11, 2016

Lady Sybil Crawley-Branson(aka Jessica Brown-Findlay)

Lady Sybil was really the sweetest spirit under the roof. I still can't understand why they killed her off. Why does someone have to die when a baby is born? When Mary had little George, Matthew died and when Sybil had little Sybbie, she died. I hate it when writers let my favourite characters die. Sybil Crawley(my favourite person in Downton Abbey), Matthew(also one of my favourites), Marian(my favourite character in Robin Hood BBC) and Allan and Robin(who were also two favourite characters, maybe not Robin, but it was so sad for everyone). But Sybil was so sweet. She was kind, caring, sensible and she didn't care about her position, not so much as Mary. She wore pants, put off her corset, and married an Irish chauffeur. And she helped Gwen find a job. I can't explain, she is just so kind. Jessica Brown-Findlay(who played Sybil) is still angry that they wrote her out of the serie. I know I would be too. I would love to play someone like her. And if they wrote me out of the serie I would be angry too.
She was the youngest of the sisters Crawley, but was grown-up first. I think she is more sensible than Mary and Edith. She was my favourite, and after she died, it was all so sad. I felt so sorry for Tom, Sybbie(who never knew her mother), Robert and Cora, and Mary and Edith, for Violet and for everyone who knew her and loved her(the watchers too). I mean, who couldn't love her? She is so sweet and...I said this so many times, but I say it again, she was my favourite and the kindest soul.
And I feel so sad to know she never actually knew her child. Yes, she saw her, she gave her a name, but never actually knew her(does anyone understand what I am saying?). I know it is just made-up and played, but I always see it as real, I can't help it. And I am always over-emotional when someone dies. I mean, my sister Rachel doesn't have tears or something like that when someone dies. But when Sybil died, the tears were in my eyes, and I had a lump in my throat, while I knew it was not real. But those series and their characters are just so real and you attach(to say it in that way) to them. I was sad when Downton Abbey was really really over. And I was extra excited when I read that there would be a prequel. But Sybil probably won't be in there :(


3 comments:

  1. Sybil is so sweet! And don't worry, I came very close to crying too. :) And indeed, it is a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both so much! I know, it's really hard to keep your tears in, right?

    ReplyDelete