Tuesday, March 6, 2018

~Cake Flavored Book Tag~

The Cake Flavored Book Tag, doesn't that sound great to do? Well, anyway, Rachel tagged me for this. And I've been waiting until someone tagged me, so that I can know really do the tag. Thanks, Rachel! On to the tag...(and just for fun I'm doing movies/series also, if it's alright)



Chocolate Cake: A dark book you absolutely love.
Because why not show pictures of the cakes and make everyone hungry?

A dark book...a dark book...Hmm, I do not know exactly about this one. With dark you mean mysterious? Okay, well, I choose...The Mysterium series, I guess, by Julian Sedgwick. I think that is under the category ''dark''. As for the movie/serie answer: a dark serie is absolutely Sherlock, but I do not absolutely love it. Though it will be my answer.


Vanilla Cake: A light read.

A light read that you actually like, right? Because those sappy and predictable novels are not books I like, yet they are light reads. But for one I like: Stella Street series by Elizabeth Honey? Because they are very easy to read through, you don't skip(at least I don't) and I enjoy the series a lot. The movie/serie is probably When Calls the Heart.


Red Velvet: A book that gave you mixed emotions.

The Book Thief. It gave me mixed emotions for sure. Every time I read it, even though I know the book and have read it before. The movie/serie is a bit harder...The Help maybe? It was sad, but also nice and funny at other times.

Cheesecake: A book you would recommend to anyone.

Because you would recommend cheesecake to everyone. I agree with Rachel. Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin, definitely a must-read for everyone! It's great! And also John Flanagans Ranger's Apprentice series and Brotherband series. They're even better! A movie/serie I would recommend forever is Robin Hood BBC of course.

Coffee Cake: A book you did not finish.

Why coffee cake for a book you did not finish? You finish the coffee cake, right? Because it is delicious. Like coffee ice cream. Have you ever tasted cappucino ice cream, it's so good! Okay, I was busy with answering the question, not rambling about coffee cake. Keep to the point. A book I did not finish was...let me think...Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. I didn't finish that one, I have to say I just wasn't that interested in it. A movie/serie we didn't finish...a lot of them, actually. Uhm...to name just one: Full House. But I wanted to watch it further, yet my family didn't, so we didn't. Outnumbered :)

Carrot Cake: A book with great writing.

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall. The writing really gives you a ''family feeling'', if you know what I'm talking about. So, I do consider it great writing, even though it maybe wasn't supposed to be a book like The Penderwicks, but other great writing. A movie/serie with great lines. Gilmore Girls? Because it definitely has great lines in there.

Tiramisu: A book that left you wanting more.
Well, that's easy. Brotherband by John Flanagan. With every new book I read, I want to read the next more and more. Movie/serie would probably be...Tangled? Because I really wanted to see more of that movie.

Cupcakes: A series with 4+ books.

Conspiracy 365 by Gabrielle Lord. It has more than twelve books, so it definitely counts. A serie with more than 4 seasons is...When Calls the Heart, and also Gilmore Girls, but I already answered a question with those two, so...ah, yes, The Waltons of course.


Fruit Cake: A book that wasn't what you anticipated.

For the worse or for the better? For the worse I'd say...the Dr. Quinn series by Dorothy Laudan. I don't like the movie series that much, and I was hoping that the book series would be nicer, but it is just like the movie, only less exaggerated acting. I found it boring to read. For the better it would probably be Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury. I normally don't read Karen Kingsbury books, but my older sister lent it and I had nothing to read, so I read that one and I actually liked it. By the way, the movie is very different from the books and not really the best. You should read the book, not watch the movie. For the worse concerning movies/series: Ice Age 5 and for the better...Cars 3. After Cars 2(which was rather a disappointment after number 1) I didn't expect that much of Cars 3, but it was way better than I expected. It, at least, had a story behind it like the first. And also the series Scorpion was better than I thought. I enjoy it more than I anticipated.


Lamington: Favorite Australian book.

Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan(he's Australian, so). Brotherband is also written by him, but I already answered that (officially) for another one. An Australian movie/serie...I don't know...The only Australian movie I ever watched was Australia, and it wasn't really my favorite. Just the only one :D


As for the answers, I am now done. As for the people who are tagged, you're tagged if you're one of my followers. If I follow you, then you're tagged (Lazy, lazy, I know, but I want to get this post done and if I put down everyone I follow, it's a lot of work). Thanks again for tagging me, Rachel!












4 comments:

  1. Ooh, those pictures are making me hungry! Stop it! Hehe. ;D

    The Book Thief, The Help, ROBIN HOOD . . . yaasss.

    I love your blog background, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I put them in. No, just joking, though I did put them in so I can look back on those delicous cakes ;)
      Double YES for the last :D
      Thanks, Olivia!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like the idea of doing both books and movies! Nice answers, Ruth!

    (I am very hungry now...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be nice to do it somewhat different than I always do. Thanks!
      (Well, I was too when I was looking up pictures for the answers. I had a good picture of the cake and then I saw another one ''Ooh, hey, maybe that one'' ''Oh, wait, or that one'' ''Or maybe all of them'' I constantly changed the pictures and they all made me hungry. Cakes are always so delicious. Even their pictures)

      Delete