Friday, July 29, 2016

War and Peace-the sequel of the one before-

So, I have only one episode to watch from War and Peace. I can admit that it is not my favourite, although I like it. But one scene, after the war in Borogon, I think...it's a little bit unsuitable for children.
Natasha is engaged to Andrei, but when he is off to war, for a year, she falls in love with Anatole(who I really do not like), and wants to elope with him. This is prevented by Sonja, who told Natasha's father and mother, her aunt and uncle, Natasha's plan. And Natasha is ill for days. Because she broke the engagement with Andrei, and he could not forgive her, although he didn't tell her that.
Andrei dies. I had not expected that to happen. I thought later on he would forgive Natasha and marry her, but I think that is a little bit too happy-end-and-they-live-happily-ever-after-ish. He dies, leaving a sad Natasha, his grieving sister Marja and his little son. His father already died before him,
Pierre is still a little bit dull, and he is ever so clumsy. But I find him more agreeable now. He is not the boring-est person in War and Peace anymore. I think, and that is just a thought, that he will marry Natasha. Because he was almost going to tell Natasha that he loved her. But he is already married. But his wife is awful. I'll be so happy when she leaves Russia, or just leaves Moskou.

I like the ball, so I'm putting one picture of it on this post. See what the next and last episode brings.



1 comment: