Sunday, July 24, 2016

Emma~A review~

I made a short review of Emma, but I didn't exactly remembered how it had gone back then. No, however, I can. Yesterday we watched Emma. The 2009 version of course. There is no better one. And waching this mini-serie reminded me of how I liked this little serie. So, my ''longer'' review has started, or, as some may like to call it, my ''normal'' review.

The Music. Of course, it is pretty. Though I have heard better music.

Emma Woodhouse.
Sometimes I really want to be angry on Emma, but I just can't. She says bad things sometimes, I know. But she makes everything well again. She insulted Miss Bates and then was sorry and gave her pies and talked with her a while. And about Jane Fairfax...she couldn't help it. She couldn't know what was going on between Frank and Jane. So it wasn't her fault. But what was her fault, was Harriet's state. She encouraged Harriet to reject Robert Martin and wait until Mr Elton proposes. But Mr Elton had someone else in mind, be sure of that! Well, I really like Emma and Romola Garai plays her very well. Rich, a little bit spoilt, likes to see herself as matchmaker to the people around her. That's how she is.

George Knightley.
Mr Knightley is kind, helps everyone a lot, like Harriet, Robert Martin, Jane Fairfax. He scolds Emma, when she has done something wrong or bad, and Emma accepts it and tries to follow his advice. Not always, but still. Which shows how highly Emma's opinion is of him, and Mr Woodhouse's opinion. I like Mr Knightley a lot, and although I don't like the roles Jonny Lee Miller plays often, he plays the best Mr Knightley ever.








Mr Woodhouse.
Mr Woodhouse is overconcerned for everyone and everything. He worries a lot. But he is a kind and loving father, as fathers always are, of course. Personally I do not like Michael Gambon so much, not in Cranford either, but the role of Mr Woodhouse is perfect for him.



Harriet Smith. 
I do not like Harriet Smith. She mopes a lot, and is far too quickly influenced. She is in search of a good friend, of course. But she also falls in love far too quickly. First Robert Martin, then Mr Elton, then Mr Knightley, and eventually she marries Robert Martin. And by the way, another reason I do not like Harriet, is because she has far too much self-pity. 



Mr and Mrs Elton.
Of course, they are both mean, but they both play so very good. Augusta Elton is nice to Jane Fairfax, but a little bit too kind. She keeps pushing her too walk with her, and searches a job as gouverness for her, while she didn't even want it.

Jane Fairfax. 
Jane Fairfax is such a sweet girl. I feel so sorry for her. The way Frank Churchill treats her. Argh!
She loves him, although I cannot imagine why.

Frank Churchill.
He is mean! He treats poor Jane so awful. It doesn't seem that he loves her. Yes, in the end, but before that...he mocked her, when he was with Emma, and he courted Emma in front of Jane. I don't like Frank at all! He is so...so...mean to Jane! How can I tell it? I really don't like him.












Mr Weston.
Mr Weston is very kind, and I feel sorry for him. He was hurt by Frank. Don't you understand, Frank? He loves you, and had to be apart of you for twenty years or so. 






Anne Taylor(later Anne Weston).
I like Anne so much! She is very kind, loves Emma, and a little bit mischievous sometimes, especially when Emma is around.













Miss Bates.

That I put her as last, doesn't mean I dislike her or like her last. It is not ranked, the characters, in any case not per how I like them. I like Miss Bates very much. But I feel so sorry for her. She is very talkative, and everyone mcoks her. But she is so friendly. I like her very much. (Said that already, but I'll say it again).


This is the end. Some pictures for the end.
 












2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this version in awhile but I remember liking it. Emma's dresses are so very lovely! The 1996 version is my favourite though.

    ReplyDelete