Tuesday, January 23, 2018

~A Period Drama Tag~

Woohoo! I've been tagged by Rachel from A Girl's Place. Thanks!


The rules:

Answer the questions (think I can manage that :))
Link back to the person who tagged you (already ahead of you with that)
Tag at least one other blogger to do the tag (alrighty, now let's get started, shall we?)


1. What was the most recent period drama you watched? Share what you thought of it.


Rosemary and Lee!
When Calls the Heart season 4. Loved it, of course, as did we with all of the other seasons!


2. Do you generally prefer period dramas in the form of a movie or TV series/mini series? Why?

TV- and miniseries. Because they are longer and you can enjoy more of the period drama ;)


3. What is your favourite musical period drama?

The Sound of Music of course!


4. Read the book first or watch the movie first?

Depends. I like to watch the movie first, because then I don't know what's going to happen mostly, but sometimes I want to read the book first. Most of the time I don't even know if a movie is based on a book or if there is a movie made out of the book :D


5. What is a valueable lesson you learned from a period drama?

Hmmm, let me think...appreciate who you are, have trust, be kind and have courage ;). Of course there are so much more lessons you can learn from any kind of movies, but these are just some of the lot.


6. Which period drama hero would you be likely to fall in love with in real life?

*silence* I don't really think about that, to be honest. There is no one I would fall in love with in real life, probably. Maybe...uh...seriously, I have no idea. Oh wait, maybe Mr Knightley. Because he's really nice, and trustworthy and not afraid to put you right.


7. Do you ever like to binge-watch a period drama series?

I really do put in pictures that do not concern the question/the post at all a lot, don't I?

If binge-watching means what I think it means: watch episode after episode, then yes. If it means something else, sorry for not answering the question :)


8. What things go best with watching a period drama?

Cosy and warm on the couch, tea with mint, the whole family watching.


9. Which period drama do you think you would fit into best?


''Tea! TEA!''
 I would love to be in Road to Avonlea. Still sad that we can't finish it :(


10. If you could have any period drama character for a best friend, who would it be? And why?


Molly from Wives&Daughters. Or Diana from Anne of Green Gables, like Rachel said. Because they are both so sweet and gentle, and they cannot think bad of anyone, but at the same time they can get mad for understandable reasons and are very protective and sacrificing.


11. Show us a picture of a period drama costume you wish you could wear in real life.


This one, from The Magic of Ordinary Days. Gloves not included, because gloves are not something I really like.


12. Are there any period dramas you like to watch during a particular season or holiday?


Well, Gilmore Girls, in fall. But it's not a period drama, so...The Sound of Music, in summer. Or Cinderella in summer or Anne of Green Gables in late summer.


13. Which period drama has your favourite soundtrack?


Well, I like the soundtrack from Mr Selfridge, and also the one from The Musketeers and the Little Dorrit one. By the way, Little Dorrit has some really nice soundtracks in between too. So Little Dorrit then, or I agree with P&P 2005.

14. Dream cast your favourite actor and actress in a period drama of your choosing; tell which parts they would play and why.


I'll send you a letter when I've figured it out. No, joke, but it is a hard one to answer. Because honestly, I have no idea. Lucy Griffiths is my favourite actress, and where would I want her to play in and as? I can only imagine her as Marian. Sorry, I'll have to skip this one too, because I really cannot find any period drama to be dreamcast in that chaotic head of mine.


15. Are there any period dramas you like more than one version of?

I agree with Rachels answer. Both the 1995 and the 2008 versions of Sense and Sensibility are great.


16. What are the top three period dramas that you haven't seen on your to-watch list?

Victoria (I would want to see that), of course the next season of Poldark and When Calls the Heart, but if I don't count that it would probably be the making-into-a-movie-or-whatever-you-may-call-that of Jennifer A. Nielsens Ascendance Trilogy and uhm...Ocean's Eight. We watched all three of them(Ocean's Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen) and enjoyed it, so I'm hoping we will not get disappointed with Ocean's Eight. Oh, and I'm also looking forward to Paddington 2.


17. Show a picture of your favorite period drama hairstyle.


Well, I have a lot of hairstyles that I like. But I like this one from Emma 2009 a lot. I'm not much into those extravagant hairstyles, I like simple ones, like in the picture.



18. What was your favourite wedding in a period drama?


I always liked the weddings in Downton Abbey(all of them except for Edith' first one because she was left at the alter). But Edith' wedding with Bertie was my favorite. She so deserved to get married, and she was so happy to get married. Bertie and her were a great couple, and them getting married was just...I was happy and it was an even better wedding because I always felt sorry for Edith and I really liked her later(more than Mary actually) and she really deserved to get married to the man she loved. So yeah, Edith' wedding is my favourite.


19. What is your favourite biographical period drama?

Call the Midwife. Loved this, and it's biographical. I, anyway, include it into biographical.



20. Which historical novel will forever recommend to anyone and everyone?

There are a lot of books I would recommend, but they aren't historical novels. The Victory Club by Robin Lee Hatcher is good, and I recommend To Kill A Mockingbird of course.



Done! I answered almost every question. Thanks again, Rachel, it was great to do!

Aaaaaaand...probably the people I am gonna tag, will already have been tagged or did it already but I'll tag those who pop into my mind anyway :)(except for Rachel, 'cause she tagged me)


A Girl with Ideas
It's A Wonderful Life
A Looong Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away
Bookends and Bwopper-Eels
Books, Cameras and Succulents
Lavender Spring
Meanwhile, in Rivendell
Movies Meet Their Match
Musings of a Jane Austen Wannabe
Notes from a Hartfield Girl
Rae: A Drop of Golden Sun
Ramblings of a Redhead Girl
Writing is Life

And anyone I forgot or who wants to do it. Bye-bye!







 
 




















12 comments:

  1. You should definitly watch Victoria!! It's soooooo good! Loved your answers!!

    ~Ceci
    alooongtimeagoinagalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched episode 1 of season 2 at our grandparents, and we're waiting to find it in the library someday. Thanks, Ceci!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me!

    Wives & Daughters is so good! Not a lot of people know about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ;)
      Yes, it is! I like it more than Cranford,actually. It is kind of ''unkown'', I guess :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely, Ruth! The Road to Avonlea picture made me laugh! :D Ooh, and thank you for tagging me, I'll be sure to do this when I get the chance to!
    Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Road to Avonlea is so great!
      I'll see your answers then :)
      My pleasure!

      Delete
  4. Loved your answers, Ruth! :)

    11) I love that dress, too!
    13) Mr. Selfridge does have a pretty great soundtrack.
    16) Watch Victoria! Yes! It's really good.
    17) Emma's hair is so gorgeous.
    18) Aaw, Edith. She really did deserve to find true love and happiness at last. I'm so glad she found Bertie after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elanor!
      It is really pretty(that's why I chose it :))
      We are still waiting for it to come in the library! Yes, it's so pretty!
      Yes, she did. Bertie is really good and kind for her. Thanks for the comment :)!

      Delete
  5. Lovely post, Ruth! It was really neat to see how some of our answers were exactly the same. :)

    Mr Knightley is an excellent choice for #6! <3

    I haven't seen The Magic of Ordinary Days, but that outfit is soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! Yes, that was pretty funny to see. We chose exactly the same hairstyle! XD
      He's one of my favourite Jane Austen heroines because...well, I already stated why in the post. And Emma 2009 is also one of my favourite JA movies and defiitely my favourite mini-series. Oh wait, Anne of Green Gables. I am so undecisive when it comes to picking just one favourite ;)
      The Magic of Ordinary Days is a really good movie. We haven't seen it in quite a while...Yes, the outfit is really nice, I wish I had it myself!
      Thanks for the comment, Molly!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for tagging me! I finally got my answers up.

    I love that scene in Singin' in the Rain!

    Oh, that outfit is so pretty! (Though, I'm not really a gloves person either.)

    Lucy Griffiths is so great, but I agree with you: I can only see her as Marian!

    Nice answers, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Oh, yes! Gonna read your post now (I was a little late with catching up on posts this weekend). Well, after I finished the reply, then ;)
      It is really pretty! I know, right? Gloves are just not my thing.
      Yeah, she is Marian and no one else!
      Thanks, and you're welcome again! :D

      Delete