Friday, February 9, 2018

~Robin Hoods ''minor'' characters~


You know which Robin Hood I'm talking about, right?


If you don't know: it's the BBC series, of course. There have been some characters in RH BBC that only appeared in a few episodes or only one. I haven't had a Robin Hood BBC post in quite a long time, so why not one of less shown characters? Any objections? Going once...going twice..okay, sold!


Nr 1: Carter

 
...I wanted him to stay in the show, I liked him. He saved every member of the outlaws even though he was going against his king, did everything Robin Hood said him to do without hesitating whether or not it was too dangerous. And the sheriff killed him and we didn't even see a proper funeral. Just a grave with his shield on it. Okay, let's face it; the death of Marian was sad enough, I didn't need another reason for crying, but I would've liked him to have a decent funeral where we can see the gang actually say goodbye to him, however sad that would have been. I wish he hadn't died.

Nr 2: Legrand
I also liked Legrand a lot. He protected the gang and the queen, but he himself died for it. His laugh...it makes you laugh, it's a really deep laugh and....well, you can't help but laugh or at least smile when you hear that laugh(if you watched the show, you probably know what I'm talking about). I didn't want him to die either, but hey, that's what BBC likes to do most, right? Take an example to...there are a lot of examples, but to name just one, or actually three: Allan, Robin, Marian. Need I say more? Or wait, I'll be evil and show you:

                                                                              
Okay, maybe I shouldn't have done that, because I am the one tearing up here. My own fault. *trying to laugh it away, but miserably failing*


Nr 3: Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine



 She's the mother of king Richard and prince John. And yeah, I didn't like her. Actually, I found it a bit weird. You know, Little John carrying her, and ''big bear''. Although I laughed at the end of the episode when the gang teased Little John with that nickname, because they were all happy and careless for a moment. But I didn't like the queen. I...I don't know, I found her a bit exaggerating(if that makes any sense). I just didn't like her.


Nr 4: Meg



Ignore Isabella on the right for a moment
Meg was not afraid to say what she thought and to speak against someone. She was brave, smart and she brought out the good side in Guy. I really liked her, but of course, she died too. Isabella had to ruin it again, like she ALWAYS does! *angry growl*


Nr 5: Eve

Eve was a character I also liked, but she only appeared in one episode and never again, even though Much said he would come back for her. They plain old simple forgot she was ever on the show. I wouldn't have mind if she showed up more. They could have put her in instead of Kate. But she disappeared...


Nr 6: Count Friedrich
The count was funny, I liked him. Some more episodes with him in it would be nice. He had me laughing, so...and Guy was irritated by him. Even better. Marian is not meant to be with you, Guy of Gisborne, why won't you understand that?


Nr 7 and 8:

Alice, Little Johns wive and his son(also Little John). Her I did not like, to say it in Little Johns words. I liked little Little John, but I didn't really like Alice. Frankly, I found her a bit annoying. She acted like Little John did something terrible. He didn't know he had a son, did he? Don't blame him for it, will you? I was actually glad she left, though I didn't like that little Little John left, because I liked him. But he deserved to start a new and safe life. And at least he now knew that his father was alive, and a member of Robin Hoods gang(something to be proud of, and he was).


Nr 9: Roy


I wouldn't say he was my favourite character or one of the favourites, but I was sad when he died. Don't mistake me, I liked Roy, I did. He was very brave; he sacrificed himself for his mother and the gang. If he stayed in the show, I wouldn't mind, as long as Djaq could stay also.


Nr 10: Devina

 

And her I didn't like, of course. She was the only one who the sheriff cared for, but she died. And then the sheriff wanted to get Robin, dead or alive. While it wasn't even really his fault that she died, it was her own. She moved and the snake bit. I was happy she wasn't on the show anymore.


That was all. I have the feeling that I just forgot someone, but anyway...that was the end. It was nice to talk about Robin Hood BBC again, it was far too long ago!

So long, farewell, aufwiedersehen, goodbye!












2 comments:

  1. Ah, Robin Hood BBC! It is so good. Except that they loved killing off the characters!!!
    I wish Carter would have become one of the gang! He was so great.
    And Meg! I really liked her. I am so sad she was only in one episode.
    Why did they have Kate!? Eve was so much better than her, why did Much break his promise!!???
    Count Friedrich was weird, but also funny. Legrand's laugh was very contagious. :) And, Roy's death was sad.
    Great post, Ruth!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so good! Why does BBC do that? ALWAYS!
      It's like they say: ''Oh, we have got a good series, but something is missing. Oh yes, wait, we'll just kill off that character over there. And maybe that one too''
      I wish that too. He would have fitten in good. But of course, Carter was needed with the king in order to save the gang later.
      I don't understand why they killed off Megs character. She was a nice and good character, who brought out the good side in Guy(something only one person managed to do before), and she did not deserve to die. At all.
      They could have let Eve or Meg stay in, instead putting Kate in. Much totally forgot about Eve. But he doesn't really break promises, he is not the guy for it. They maybe just forgot about Eve themselves, the directors.
      He was weird, yes. Roy did deserve a better death. He died very heroic though
      Thanks, MC! :)

      Delete