Sunday, November 6, 2016

Anne of Green Gables~Review~

Yes, we've just watched Anne of Green Gables part 1 and 2 all over again! We stopped at the end of part 2 of course, because part 3 isn't like the book at ALL! And it is so boring, and fake. But part 1 and 2 are still good.


 The Characters.




Anne Shirley.
Anne has a lively imagination, and thinks of the fanciest names to describe something. She is enthusiastic, has a kind heart, likes to talk, is easy with people, and has a hot temper. She is very outspoken and sometimes she gets in trouble because of that. But she is honest and kind, and people like her. She is also creative and sometimes gets caught up in her fantasies. Like that day on the beach, were all her papers blew away with the wind. She is a good friend and searches for kindred spirits in everyone.

Diana Barry.
Diana is a sweet girl. She cares a lot about her family's opinions, and her clothes getting dirty do mind. She is a very loyal friend and caring and thoughtful. She is not as imaginative as Anne, but certainly does dream. She dreams of being a good wife and mother, and is happy to marry a sensible man(that'll be Fred), no matter what he looks like or what Anne says. She searches for helping her friend in any way possible. Writing her in into a writing competition, without Anne even knowing, telling Gilbert Blythe why Anne says no, that sort of things.

Marilla Cuthbert.


Marilla is serious and logical, but has a similar temperament to Anne. She respects tradition and however it's hard for her to express her feelings, she is loyal and caring to everyone she love, even if she is a strict disciplinarian. She is always there for the people who need her. She always has a surprisingly funny sarcastic tone to the things she says.

Matthew Cuthbert.
Matthew is quiet, loyal, and very caring. He likes to be in the background and has difficulties having a conversation with anyone(except for Marilla and Anne). However, Matthew has the biggest heart anyone could have and spoils Anne to her heart's content. He always does his best to provide and make people happy. Like Marilla, he also respects tradition and security, but in a more...feeling way. I like Matthew very much, maybe because he's a little like me. I find it hard to have conversations with people I don't really know, and I'm rather quiet and especially shy.

Gilbert Blythe.
Gilbert is creative, and popular. He's very quick-witted and can sometimes be too logical in his debates, which can offed someone with a more feeling personality(like Anne). I don't have much to say about Gilbert. Apart from the above and that you say Gilbert, not Jilbert(so many people do that).


Rachel Lynde.
Rachel Lynde can be a litte controlling and hypercritical, but she also has a big heart and is unfailingly caring toward those she loves. Her responsibilities are incredibly important to her. She is unable to take criticism well, and has an explosive temper and a sensitive ego. She also respects tradition, making every event she's in charge of the best ever. She tells everyone exactly what's on your mind, which rather makes her a gossip. She relies a lot on her feelings, and is good at taking care of others.


Those are the main characters. I could talk about Pauline Harris, Emmeline Harris, Mrs Harris, Morgan Harris, Miss Katherine Brooke...but I won't. I just want to say that Morgan Harris is extremely annoying and actually non-existing, and why does he grab Anne's arm or hand all the time? And why does he follow her all the time? I would have already said I would rather not have him following me or grabbing me. I said I was shy, but I am stubborn too and sometimes I can explode(if I'm really angry). And I would explode. Especially at the ball. But, what did I say? No talking about them. So, end of characters review.

The Costumes.


Anne's costumes.
I liked this dress

and this dress
and this one too
but this dress...no. I like the color, but the dress? No, not really. Those puffed sleeves are far too puffed for me. I like the lace and the form, but not those puffed sleeves and that high neck. I don't like too low necks either, of course. But not that high necks, no, that's not comfortable and not so pretty.

Diana's costumes.
Diana has rather pretty costumes. I like Diana's clothes better on the ball. Only she should have changed the color. But the costumes in this little serie are great, and so pretty.



For those who haven't watched the mini-serie yet, do. You'll enjoy for sure. Maybe not part 3 (and maybe not the parts with Morgan Harris)though, but the other 2 are quite enjoyable. And for final conclusion, a nice picture.



Anne with an ''e'' says goodbye!









2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, you write so well! Also, I dislike Morgan Harris and Anne 's blue puffed-sleeves dress too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, they're horrible aren't they(that's the first time I spoke about a human and a thing in one)!

    ReplyDelete