Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Robin Hood BBC~Marian's Wardrobe~


We have just watched Robin Hood BBC(at least the first three episodes) and therefore I felt like creating a Robin Hood-themed post. Here it comes...Marian's wardrobe.

I love this dress. It has no really bright colors, but still it is very pretty. And I love the way the dress is covered by a pinafore dress(what else could you call it? Can't get on the name)that kinda stops above her knees and then goes on in a sort of veil fabric.

This dress is just ordinary plain white, yet it is very elegant. It has long sleeves and a belt around the waist. It is a lovely dress and I would wear it(if I lived in that time)too.

This is the same dress as above, only this onew has not that long sleeves and a other belt. But it is made even more prettier by the cape. The cape is very pretty and suits her dress well. Also that broche(is it a broche?) is very lovely.

I am not very fond of the color orange, but Marian suits it well(except her face looks a bit pale here, but maybe that's just the photo or something). The...how should I say that?...big necklace around the neckline is very pretty and it adds more elegancy to the dress.

Personally this is not my favourite dress. The style is definitely her style, only this dress is more manly, less feminine. And less colourful. green and white and grayblue...It is very suitable as camouflage-dress in the forest, but of course she wasn't in the forest with Robin's gang yet.

The outfit of Marian as ''The Nightwatchman'' is very nice. It has long boots, and a really long cape. She has a sword hanging on her belt, but she doesn't use that, it's just for safety. Marian is having a new identity by this costume, helping the poor and fighting against injustice. That's what I like about this costume too.

This dress is simple, but one of my favourite, and although it is not Marian's dress, she wore it. So I picture it as a dress of her. The shoes she wears with the dress are pretty and elegant, but still they're just simple. And the blue and white prints are very nice.

I never wear red, because it makes my face seem pale. But I love this dress. The cloth seems to be silk or something like that. The decorations around the neck line and the waist are very pretty and the long sleeves too. I like long sleeves. They make the dress different and prettier.

This is a pretty dress, really pretty. But I don't like it. Because it reminds me of Marian's death all the time. And then the scene repeats in my head. And I get sad. That's why I don't like the dress. I mean, the dress is pretty, but it reminds me of that last scene of season 2, where everything collapses. I hoped during the whole scene, that something wonderful would happen. That miraculously Djaq could heal her or that she just fainted. I wished so hard for that to happen, like the first time Marian ''died''. But she died. She really died. And the whole season after was dark, and sad, and less colourful without her. So that's why.


I kinda liked this. Reviewing costumes, dresses. Maybe I'll make a part 2...and I want to make one about hairstyles. Marian's hairstyles.









3 comments:

  1. Lovely post Ruth! I agree, the white dress she wore that day ... It makes me sad too. By the way, seeing these series again, I realise how much I actually like it!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post dear!! The white dress, yes, it make me sad too. Now we are watchimg the series, I LOVE it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love all of these! Another favorite of mine is the brown and red one she is wearing in season 2 episode 12. But then, I, too, don't like that white one.

    ReplyDelete