Wednesday, November 1, 2017

~Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken: A Review~

Told you I would make a review. This is such a good movie. The story is about Sonora Webster(it is based on a true story), a young girl who dreams to dive with horses. When she gets kicked out of the house by her aunt, she leaves to find Mr Carver, who owns a show with diving horses. She, after a few difficulties, gets a job as stableboy(well, girl, actually). A new horse arrives, who she calls Lightning(after a big horse she had at her aunts house), and she(together with Al) tames the horse. Mr Carver says to her she has a chance if she learns how to drive the horse. So she does, even though she fails a lot.But eventually she dives with horses instead of Marie(I thought her name was Marie, maybe I'm wrong, I couldn't find a picture of her, but she's the girl in the third picture from the right row). Al leaves, but writes Sonora every day(she didn't receive them, Mr Carver held them from her). One day, Lightning is sick and she doesn't know what to do. Al returns and they save Lightning, but he cannot dive for a while. Al arranged a job in Atlantic City, but on the road to it, Mr Carver dies. Sonora has to dive with the other horse, but it is scared for the loud music. Before Sonora rides, Al asks her to marry him and she says yes, with the whole public listening(such a sweet scene). Then she jumps with the horse, but it gets scared and they land wrong. The horse is not harmed, but Sonora came in the water with eyes opened. She says it is nothing, but when her sight goes away one day, she is examined by the doctor. She will be blind forever. So diving is not possible anymore. Sonora doesn't want to give up, and tries to ride Lightning, even when she is blind, but it doesn't work. But then she, together with Clifford, locks Marie and dives with the horse herself, even when she is blind. Al and Sonora get married(not shown in the movie), and Sonora dives for 11 years blind, without the public knowing. It is a great movie, and you should really see it!

Sonora Webster.

Gabrielle Anwar plays Sonora, which she does very well. Sonora is a stubborn, rather wild, girl. I really like her. She is so brave and I felt so sad when she got blind and couldn't perform the diving anymore, her dream.


Al Carver.

Al is also very stubborn, and his father too, by the way. He doesn't have a very good relationship with his father, they always argue. He falls in love with Sonora, but after another fight with his father, he leaves. But loyally writes, even though she doesn't write back(she couldn't, but he didn't know that). He cares a lot about Sonora, but also about his dad, even when he doesn't show and they argue a lot. I like him.


Doc Carver.

I didn't really like him first. He was always fighting with his son, Al never did anything right in his eyes. He cares for his show, and doesn't want to give it up. He hides Al's letters from Sonora, which I thought was very mean of him. I mean, let her read them. They're hers! He didn't have the right to hold the letters back. But anyway, he is sorry later and tries to apologize to her, but he dies without telling her(she later finds one of Al's last letters, where he writes he loves her). I liked him in the end.


Clifford.

I couldn't find a picture of him, sorry. They are hard to find, the pictures. But anyway, I really liked Clifford. He was so funny, and sweet, and such a good friend. When Al was practicing: ''Ladies and gentlemen, Sonora and Lightning!'', you know, he and Sonora overheard it and laughed so hard about it. He walked away, still shouting: ''Ladies and gentlemen!'' and laughing. I think he was my favourite character.


Marie.

As I said before, no picture of her also. I didn't like Marie, so spoiled and ''Sonora is too poor and not good enough for me and my show''. And then telling Sonora she wasn't pretty, ugh.

For the rest, there was no other major character. This was really a good movie, even though I couldn't really make a proper deserved review about it. Really good!






6 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful movie!! I love it!
    And the characters, I love them all! I love it that it is based upon a true story, an incredible story.

    Lovely posts Ruth! I might do a review too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love it too!
      Yes, the characters are so great! It is such an incredible story!
      Thanks! I'll be hoping to see a review coming around then ;)

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched this, but it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is good!
      Thanks for your comment, Gray Marie!

      Delete
  3. *adds to to-watch list* Good review, Ruth! Now I need to see it! :D

    ReplyDelete