Monday, June 4, 2018

Writing...

Lately ALL of my stories hasn't been coming along. I have soooo many random, but vague ideas in my head that aren't made into a story or written out. And I just had a block on several stories. I just stopped. I was waiting for inspiration. But then I realized, inspiration is not something you can wait for. You just have to start writing, and the inspiration will flow out of your fingers into the computer on the pages, like electricity through wires when you just flip the switch. That's what I decided to do, and it worked out pretty good. As for the ideas; I started thinking more about them and writing things on new documents to put it all together into one story.

Right, Kronk. It's all comin' together. Two of my unbelievably vague writing ideas could connect and I put them together and typed out a story. That actually worked. That I actually liked when I wrote it. And then the next day, I re-read it and of course there were parts where I was thinking: ''oh, I should've added this'' and ''why did I write thát? I should have written this instead'' or ''it'd probably be better if I wrote another word here instead of ''said''(always a problem)''. But that's okay. Editing is just a part of writing. A big part of writing. A HUGE part of writing. A problematic part of writing. But a part of writing. I was searching on pinterest, trying to find inspiration, and I found things where I made writing prompts of. Or just some small dialogue. I always love those sarcastic dialogue prompts. I love writing ironic characters. They make me laugh. There are always some hills you have to climb when it comes to writing or pitts you fall in, but there's always a way up and a surprise waiting for you on top of the hill. And also: put up some music and the inspiration will flow into your head(amazing how that happens, isn't it?). Just don't put the music too hard when you're writing, because that kinda distracts. At least, for me. And then there are those problems called old stories:

They have anonymous names like ''no title'', ''story'', that kind of stuff. The names where you forget which one is which. Where you have to re-read them entirely and think by yourself how you could have ever written this. But then I always think about my newer stories. How my writing certainly has improved since then(not bragging, it's true. Writing sure does improve over time, I believe that is the same with everyone). And sometimes, old stories have phrases or dialogue or ideas that are still pretty good and usable for other stories. Or old stories are worth continuing. Anyway, DON'T, under ANY circumstance, throw away those stories. You might regret(believe me, I speak from experience) that you threw them away and you can't get them back after you deleted them. I actually should name all those stories properly, I keep confusing them with one another(is that even something to say: one another?)
One of my writing problems: when you type something and you know the grammar is wrong, but you can't figure out how to write it instead and Google Translate isn't helping at ALL and you're just stuck in the story because you can't get that single word right. So annoying!


What is this post about? I don't even know where I'm writing about. I'm writing about writing on a confusing post, just writing down words and using the word ''writing'' too much.

And writing down writing problems.

As I said: too much ''writing'', but what other word can you use? Scribblings?

Also a problem when you write: you have pretty good ideas and a good plot twist and characters you really like, but NO BEGINNING! That is one of my major problems with stories. No beginning.  Beginnings are so hard. Where to begin? What to write? The beginning has to be interesting and let the reader want to read more.

Oh, and endings.
Endings are difficult.
They have to be ending, but at the same time not really ending(if you know what I mean). It has to make the reader want to read more of the book.

And maybe the hardest of all: the whole middle.

No wait, mistake, they're all hard to write. The whole story is hard to write. But it's fun. It's great to write stories and feel like the characters are real and you can just walk into this imaginative world that is so amazing and you can wish it were real and all the characters were real, so you could actually meet up and be friends. Writing is wonderful. Maybe that's what this post is about. About how writing has its complications, but is still amazing. It's like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but it's your decision whether you scream or enjoy the ride. Sometimes it's a mix of both.
Anyway...I meant it when I said I had no clue what this post was about. I just opened a new post, named it ''writing'', started typing, added the three dots to ''writing'' when the post started not having a confirmed plot, and pressed published after I was done penning down my thoughts(not actually penning down, typing, but you know...sounds better).

Okay, this is really the end. I promise.




2 comments:

  1. Haha, I have the same problem sometimes where I have a great middle and an ending coming along...but I just can't to decide how to begin the story! You're absolutely right, though: sometimes one simply has to write. My biggest problem is that I unintentionally try to edit as I go. I can't seem to get the hang of just writing without stopping and editing later. It makes it a lot more difficult and discouraging.

    Anyway, I really enjoyed this post, Ruth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so annoying when that happens! You want to write the story, but there is no beginning!
      I always write and then I stop and look over the sentences I just wrote and edit them or erase or add something.
      Well, I enjoyed making it :D

      Delete