Sunday, May 28, 2017

~''I said terrible things to those men. The bravest, most loyal men in England. I didn't want anymore blood on my hands. Truth is, I'd die for them.''~

Season 3 was the least favourite season of mine of Robin Hood BBC. And season 2 my favourite. Season 1 in the middle. But why not say why I don't like season 3 that much? I'll not only crack season 3 down, don't worry, I'll also say some good things I like about season 3. But first, why I do not like it so much... Spoilers ahead!



Marian, my favourite character of the whole series, is no more. She died and is buried in the Holy Land.

Will and Djaq stayed in the Holy Land too, and Kate came instead of them.

Also Archer comes, and Isabella.


Robin just wants to forget Marian, as he said to Isabella.
Isabella: ''How was she?''
Robin: ''Who?''
Isabella: ''The woman my brother killed.''
Robin: ''She was...Marian...''
Isabella: ''She must have been a wonderful woman, if you and Guy speak so highly of her.''
Robin: ''I just want to forget her.''
I really wanted to slap Robin then. How could he want to forget his wife!? I understand, it is hard if you think of her all the time, but try to forget her is something different.



The old Robin was gone. It was like...



This Robin was gone. The funny, protecting the villagers, stubborn, sometimes doing without thinking, Robin was gone.



And replaced by this Robin. The season 3-Robin. The one who liked persons like Isabella and Kate, the one who wasn't funny anymore, who looked like an other man, who wasn't the same Robin anymore. Only when it came to the end, you could see a little bit of the Robin he first was. By the way, he suddenly looked so much older.


The gang betrayed Allan. Yes, it is the GANG betrayed Allan, not ALLAN betrayed the gang. They did not trust him, they did not believe him. And because of their betrayal, he died. Because of them.





Some nice things about season 3.

I liked Tuck. He was nice, although he did some stupid things. I can still hear his voice in my head.
''It's harder to cut the spirit with a blade.''


Guy became nice and part of the gang. I even liked him in the end.



There are more reasons to dislike season 3, but I won't name them all for the sake of Robin Hood BBC. ;)


















4 comments:

  1. Season 3, I did not like. But yes, I really did like Tuck. He was a good character. And I liked Guy by the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep,Tuck was a good character. And indeed, Guy was much better in the end.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, Ruth! The fact that Robin had changed so much was actually, for me, the worst part of series 3. :( It's good they finally let Tuck come into the story though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when he was so different :(
      Yes, in the books he's supposed to come much earlier, I wonder why they did not let his character come in earlier.

      Delete